May 16, 2014

Bman at 22 Months

I cannot believe that in two short months Brody will be 2- seriously, where does the time go?  I want to just freeze time and keep him at this age forever.  His curiosity and wonder never cease to amaze me and his intuition and discovering things for the first time is just incredible to watch.  IfI had a super power it would be to freeze time and keep him this way for eternity.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I don't have to age either, right??

So what is he up to these days?  Well for one, he's really in to Mickey Mouse.  He gets to watch one episode after dinner and he literally sits for 20 minutes and is intrigued by the "mousekatools" and that goofy Goofy.  Nothing brings a bigger smile to my face then the second he hears The Hot Dog Song.  He smiles ear to ear and begin so twist his body and swing his arms. Oh, I melt.

Books. This kid could read books all day long.  This is sort of a blessing and a curse- while I am thrilled he loves to read with me, I am soooooo over reading the same 5 books.  I have tried swapping out the books but he just asks for "Amma Mama" (Llama Llama books).  His favorite is Llama Llama Home with Mama.

Brody has a lot to say these days but we are not always 100% sure what he is saying or that he is even speaking English.  Sometimes it sounds like Hebrew to be completely honest.  His verbal language skills are coming along and he has between 30-40 words and a few two-word sentences.   His receptive language is amazing.  He can follow 2-3 step directions which completely amazes me.   He is great at communicating what he needs and lately making sure the dogs know that everything is "MIIIIINNNNEE!!" They come within a 10 foot radius of him when he is eating, drinking, holding a toy and that is what you'll hear.  I am pretty sure he learns that from school and I am fine with him advocating for himself, but oh my, every 2 minutes when the dog is clear across the room.

Bubbles are another obsession.  He wakes up and asks for bubbles and goes to bed asking for bubbles.  He could play for hours outside with a container of bubbles and a wand.  Well technically he could play as long as there were bubbles left but he usually dumps them all out at some point.  He does it pretty independently until the wand falls too far in to the bottle and he needs help retrieving it, but he really does not care if I blow the bubbles for him so I just watch in wonder at my little man.

I am so in love with this age and of course this little boy.  He is so laid back and easy going he really makes being a mom too easy.  I am hopeful his baby brother will be as easy and kind.  Doubtful I know, but one can wish right?

Now get ready for the photo bomb :)

















 photo courtney-post-signature1_zpsa6911a6b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment