Dec 18, 2013

The Only Thing Worse Than a Sick Child

...is a sick husband.  Please tell me I am not the only one who finds this to be true.  I never want my sweet little man to be sick, but God help me, a sick husband is so much more exhausting.



Here are a few things that I have complied about a sick husband:  (And yes, I realize this makes me seem like the least compassionate person on the planet).

1.  The common cold is probably strep throat, or as a friend quoted it to me, (she knows this subject well too) the plague.

While I don't doubt that sweet hubs' throat is sore and that he doesn't feel 100% , I'm sure it is not the plague and in time will pass.  If your throat hurts go to the doctor and get it looked at.  I am not a doctor and cannot diagnose you with the plague, but a medical professional absolutely could.

2.  They are more needy than a one year old child.

Can I have tea? Can I have another blanket?  What's the thermostat set at, I'm freezing?  "Well hunny it's still at 74 where you last left it," said the woman who is in shorts and a tee-shirt sweating her butt off.  Oh, that woman is me.

3.  You will receive play by play updates every hour, on the hour.

Antibiotics take time to work.  And if it's viral you may need more time.  Again, no doctor here but that is what I have always been told so I am going with it.  Z pack was started yesterday for the plague so I would imagine it may take at least 24 hours to set in.  Here we are at hour two post first pill with no results. What the heck?

4.  You will need to develop super human patience.

I am patient, usually overly patient in life, but with a sick husband I turn into the impatient monster.  Please tell me I am not the only cold-hearted biatch  out there.  Anyone? Anyone?

5.  You will envy the situation.

While I hate being sick, wait I can't even remember the last time I was sick, I am mostly envious that he gets to be sick and rest and relax.  My sick looks like a juggling act that has gone bad.  Inevitably when I am sick Aaron will be traveling and I'll be all by myself with two needy dogs and one needy (yet incredibly cute) kiddo.  Yes, I am  a jealous baitch over my husband being sick.  I may regret this when I am down and out with a nasty cold (knock on wood that doesn't happen).

I found this and thought it went perfectly with my post.  I would never say this (aloud anyway) but I thought it fit nicely:


Can anyone else relate to this post?  Are there other things that you have learned from a sick husband?





 photo courtney-post-signature1_zpsa6911a6b.png

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. I LOVE this! Seriously, I laughed out loud. Josh is also sick this week and I am ready to strangle him. I am such a cold biatch that my Dad actually said to my Mom, "Becky really doesn't seem to care that Josh is sick. She didn't even check on him when she got home from work." And, he is right, I don't care. I am sorry you are sick, but get over it. You are lucky that you get to sit on your butt when you are sick, as opposed to when I am sick and STILL do everything. I can't tell you how much I needed this post today and I am so happy that my friends are as cold as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for validating I am not the only biatch to her sick husband. :)

      Delete
  2. I havent been married but I have been with a few guys that were total babies when it came to being sick. It's ridiculous. and quite sad actually. They act and are men about several things. But get a runny nose and its like they lose their man hood. WTF? I mean, geez...it's just a cold. Not the end of the world.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney, I'm new to your blog and I love this post!!! Very true and the picture at the end is hilarious. I love my husband dearly and he is a wonderful dad to our little girl (14 months) but I find that in addition to sickness, men are wimps when it comes to sleepless nights. I rarely sleep through the night (due to my mom super-senses that wake me up the second she breathes heavy and also due to my inability to handle sleep training) but regardless I am often the one awake with the baby. In the rare night my husband is up with her I often hear how tired he is during the day. So my only answer is that men in general have lower thresholds to all challenges in life that cause them discomfort. Conversely, the one area I've found that men have higher thresholds is the golf course... My husband can golf for days and days; whereas, I'm exhausted, covered in blisters and ready for a beer by the time I tee off at the 4th hole. How is that possible?
    For now hang in there and enjoy not sharing the remote for now while your husband is sick in bed (I guess that's the bright side to it).
    Happy blogging to you! :)
    Erin @ www.mommymcblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... too funny! Yes, we do have different thresholds for sure. I also enjoy when the husband pulls the "do you need me to watch the baby"? We call it parenting and sometimes they call it babysitting, Maybe I can blog about this next. Thanks for stopping by. I will be following you as well.

      Delete