Dec 14, 2013

Gratitude

I woke up this morning thinking about those families in Newtown, CT and was reminded about how lucky I am.  Last year at this time I remember watching as the news broke and the story unfolded of such a heinous and selfish crime; thinking about these families who woke up with their children sleeping in their beds and would go to bed without their children home.  Numb.  That was the only emotion that I could really tie to all of this.

I also wrote about how (sort of selfish of me) I was thankful that Brody was too young for me to have to explain anything.  How can you even make sense of this in a way that a young child could ever possible understand?  There was and is no understanding the how and why.  I don't ever want to have to find a way to explain this type of 'ugly' to him.

His world is so innocent and I want to bottle it up and save it forever for him.  I wish that I could go back to a time when the worst thing in my day is when I am forced to take a nap.  Or maybe when my snack trap full of cheddar bunnies is empty.  Seriously, these things constitute a crisis for Bman, and for that I am truly thankful.

My heart is heavy for those families in Newtown who grieve today (and everyday) over the loss of their loved one.

Hug your loved ones tight tonight and make sure you reflect on how lucky you are to have them in your life.  I know B was smothered with hugs and kisses from me.  Aaron and the furbabies too :)




 photo courtney-post-signature1_zpsa6911a6b.png

1 comment:

  1. We should all be very thankful for what we have and for our families and friends. even our blog family

    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/12/can-you-feel-love-tonight_13.html

    ReplyDelete