Jun 24, 2013

11 Months!

Eek! This is my second to last post like this. Whelp! How is my baby 11 months old already??

Stats: At his sick visit last week (ear infection) he weighed 21lbs and 12oz. He's already tripled his birth weight. Total chunk.

Eating: Since he's a chunk you can assume he likes to eat and this assumption is 100% correct. He nurses morning and before bed, gets two 3.5-4 oz. bottles at school, and eats breakfast, lunch, dinner and an afternoon snack. I am always shocked at how much he eats but he keeps signing for more once his plate is cleared. Just to illustrate it for you, the other day he polished off a scrambled egg, 3 large strawberries and a piece of wheat toast. The plate was empty and he signed for more, so I gave him 1/2 a piece of string cheese. He then told me all done. Holy appetite, Bman!

His interest in nursing is fading which gives me mixed emotions. While I'm glad to be done, it's been an amazing experience. I will not miss pumping but I'll miss him snuggled up so close to me as he drifts off to sleep.

In preparation for his move to the toddler classroom next month, his current teachers will start offering him breast milk in a sippy cup. We have been practicing with water in the take and toss cups and he does great! Well, as long as he doesn't play the "fetch my sippy cup off the floor game," he does well. They will give him whatever he doesn't finish in his bottle so he gets all the milk, but once he goes to the toddlers, he will only drink out of a sippy. I can't even believe I am writing about him being a toddler, it's just crazy!

His favorite foods appear to be: all fruit but he devours: watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, mangoes and pineapple. We tried grapefruit twice but it may have been the reason for a weird rash on his back. We need to reintroduce to confirm, but we think it may have been it. This made Aaron a little sad as he was pretty excited to serve it to B the same way his mom used to prepare it for him. Hopefully they will get to share a grapefruit again real soon. Other favorite foods are: broccoli, chicken, turkey, salmon, sweet potato, Annie's cheddar bunnies, mum mums, yogurt pancakes, and cereal bars.




Sleep: Bman is still a rock star with his evening sleep. He sleeps 7-6:30/7 without a peep all night. My summer work hours have been great for afternoon play dates, but have made the mornings hectic. Three days a week Aaron has practice from 5:30-7am so I have to get out the door with B by 7am. This means I have to wake B up at 6:30. Some days he is up playing quietly in his crib while I finish getting dressed, but most days I wake him. He doesn't seem to mind and always greets me with a smile.

His naps are all over the place. This weekend he took at least a 1.5 hour nap around 11 and another 1 hour nap in the afternoon. Today at school he slept for only 30 minutes. He seems unaffected, but 30 minutes is so short. Some of this may be because of the bottle/feeding schedule or maybe that he just wants to play. The toddler room will all sleep at the same time and this may help him get that longer nap he craves.

Play: He loves to play with anything that plays music or lights up, bang blocks together, and he recently found his stacking cups and stacking rings to be the 'bees knees'. He also really loves to laugh and smile with you. Peek-boo, row, row, row your boat and twinkle, twinkle, little star still remain on his favorite play list.

My parents got him a water table for his birthday and this provided hours of fun this weekend. He had a play date with his friend Aisling and they just splashed and giggled for 15-20 minutes together. It was really cute to see him 'playing' with a peer.
















Physical Development: Bman is on the move and crawls very quickly. Within the past three weeks he has figured out the whole pulling up thing and now seems to prefer standing over sitting. He is still working on the sitting down slowly part but starting to get the hang of it. Instead of a fast 'plop' he is slowly lowering his body to lessen the blow.








I bought a walker toy off of Craiglist and he really loves it! He has a difficult time controlling it on the wood floors but he is getting better everyday. Our days of a crawler may be numbered and I have a feeling he'll be walking right around his 1st birthday.








Language: He talks A LOT but I am not really sure I understand any of it. His 'more' and 'all done' are super clear. He simultaneously says the word and uses the signs. His sign for more looks like clapping, but the past few days we have seen him mix in the real ASL sign too. I keep meaning to ask if they are working on it at school because I hardly model it much anymore; he just does it and has the hang of it. Again, the chunk likes food and knows how to get it. The only new sign I've been introducing is drink. I figured that would be general enough for him to sign if he is thirsty. He hasn't shown me he knows that sign but I keep modeling it before I give him the cup.

Other words he says are: dada, mama, or maybe it's more like mam, dog and we're pretty sure he said quack and moo. He babbles a lot and is working on lots of letter sounds but again, I'm not sure what he's saying. I just nod and tell him, "I love your stories".

His receptive language skills are really great too. He seems to follow some simple one step directions and will clap, hand you objects and he's getting very close to giving high fives. No pointing yet, but I realized I don't model that very much. Not sure how important that is but read its a milestone of sorts.

Now that you're all well versed in the world and development of Bman I'll close out with his 11 month pictures. He was so cooperative for these it was scary!




















Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment