Jun 26, 2013

Let's Talk Shop

I have a friend that is obsessed with Costco. She shops there almost exclusively. Me, having never been to Costco, can't understand how someone can shop almost exclusively at Costco. However, I do have an (almost) exclusive shopping place: it's a little website you might know, Amazon.com.

When we lived in Buffalo we had access to all sorts of shopping. Now that we live in beautiful Blacksburg we have lost some of that convenience. Amazon.com to the rescue. I shop there so much I actually have a credit card and earn points.

I wanted to share a little hidden gem with you: Amazon Warehouse. It's not easy to find, but once you discover it, I dare you to not find a deal.

This is where I buy diapers. Most items are open box but are in excellent condition. Some items only have damaged boxes and are sold at discount. The diapers are still sealed, but the box may have been resealed. You know what's even better? They are delivered to my doorstep and ship for free! My last box came in less than 48 hours from the time I placed the order. Want to know how much I save per box? Pampers Baby Dry, Size 3, with 222 diapers per box, found on the regular site sells for $47xx; bought from the warehouse, the same box sells for $37-39xx. Total steal!

I've purchased lots of baby items this way as well as things for myself. In the event you get something you are not thrilled with, Amazon.com has amazing customer service.

Now to answer the million dollar question: how do you get there? Follow the simple instructions below to find your next steal!

Go to: Www.amazon.com



At the top left of the page hit the drop down menu "shop by department".



Scroll to the bottom of the page. Look for the orange writing that says bargains. The last option in the row is Warehouse deals. Click there.



You found the gem! You can choose the category on the left or use the search field.


I typed in Pampers and my search was populated. Be sure to click on the product you want even if the size looks wrong. Sometimes there are several items for sale with the same description.


Here is my only disclaimer. Since it is a warehouse and inventory is based on returns, they may not have what you are looking for that day. Just be sure to check back. If its a common item like Pampers, I've very rarely not found what I was looking for. Worst case scenario, I visit the warehouse the next day and they almost always have what I need. Happy shopping!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment