Aug 30, 2012

My Aching' Back...

I somehow missed the chapter in the books where they explain to you how sore your back will be six weeks postpartum. It's not the pregnancy or even the labor which may leave Brody without siblings- its this back pain! I'm only kidding but man, am i really uncomfortable!

The first few weeks after Brody was born I slept great- even if it was only in 3-4 hour blocks. I could finally sleep on my belly and my hips were not falling asleep as they had been the last few weeks of pregnancy. Then, within the past two weeks the discomfort set in again. At first I thought it was the mattress (which could still be a contributing factor) but every day it gets little worse and I don't think the mattress could be the only contributing factor. The reality is that holding, rocking, lifting, wearing and nursing is a whole lot of strain on my 30 year old bones. It's no wonder OBGYN's say the ideal child bearing age is 25.

The past few days have been awful. I wake up with back spasms and rolling over, sitting up and especially picking up and nursing Brody have been excruciatingly painful. As the day goes on I begin to feel better but my day always starts off pretty rough. So with the recommendation of my college roomie I paid a visit to the chiropractor. I had never been before so I was a little nervous and had no idea what to expect but the chiropractor was wonderful and explained everything he was doing. He massaged me, adjusted me and used ultrasound to hopefully treat the muscles which seem to be affected. I feel pretty great now but the real test will be in the morning. Hopefully I wake up feeling slightly better.

Even though it's a lot of work and clearly physically taxing, I will continue to count my blessings as this sweet little face is all I need to remind me how lucky I am:




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment