Jun 21, 2012

35 Weeks!

Officially 4 or less weeks to go.  Wow!  With the chaos that has been life, the past few weeks have gone by in a blur and I am sure the next few will as well.  Work has been busy for me and Aaron has been super busy with camp and anticipation of leaving for Trials as well as the start of a new recruiting cycle.  All these things we have talked about seemed so far off in the distant and now they are here!  Aaron will leave on Saturday for Omaha and I will remain back at the homestead and pray for BB to stay put.

According to babycenter.com here is how BB is developing this week:




Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The crib parts arrived earlier in the week but Aaron has not been able to get around to putting it together.  Hopefully tonight that will be done so I can continue to work on decorating the nursery.  I made some huge progress last weekend but have ordered some additionally artwork which I am waiting to arrive.  The window treatments were ordered yesterday and have shipped already.  I did not go with the Pottery Barn Kids rugby stripped ones- I just could not justify the cost.  I went with a basic thermal/blackout Navy panel from JCPenney.  We have the same curtains in other colors and they have held up well. One of my other concerns with the PBK ones were that they could only be dry cleaned.  I tend to shy away from anything needing dry cleaned and that cannot be washed myself.  Call me lazy but it's just easier =)
Slowly but surely progress is being make!  I hope to have it complete within the next week and post some pictures.  Oh- I almost forgot... my letter wall is still not here.  They are running really far behind and said it will probably be another 4 weeks.  I was given the option to cancel for a refund but I am going to hold out because I think it is worth it in the long run.  It may take 20+ weeks by the time it finally arrives but I hope it's part of BB's life for a long time.  So just a heads up to anyone wanting to order one for a room or a nursery- plan accordingly if you want it here before you baby arrives.
Ok, everyone say some prayers that my Non-Stress Tests continue to be normal and BB stays put until after Aaron returns from trials.  Anytime after July 6th we will be ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment