Jun 15, 2012

34 Weeks!

According to babycenter.com here is how BB is developing this week:



Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are just trucking right along.  At my appointment yesterday I weighed in the same as last week and BB has been looking good via Non-Stress Test.  Although going to the doctor twice a week is a little bit of a hassle I will say that I have started to enjoy my hour there reclined in the lazy-boy chair and watching the Today Show.  I typically leave for work around 7 am and haven't been able to watch my favorite morning crew in quite some time.  So thank you Factor V, Dr. Z and BB for allowing my this personal indulgence =)

I still feel really good except for the sleepiness in the afternoon.  By 2pm I am so ready for a nap but I have been trying to schedule afternoon meetings to keep me awake.  Paperwork in the afternoon is too hard to get through but student meetings have been just what I need. 

The nursery has made no progress since last week.  We are still waiting on the hardware which was not included when the crib was shipped the first time.  Aaron is out of town this weekend so in the event they arrive today or tomorrow it will have to wait until Monday to be completed.  I know the crib will not be used in the first few weeks but I am still anxious to have things set up there.  It currently looks like a tornado went off.  I found these window panels that I LOVE but cannot justify paying what they are asking for them: 



Damn you Pottery Barn Kids- why is your stuff so darn cute and so damn expensive!  They are blackout panels which is a must but at $89/panel I just can't bring myself to do it.  Anyone have inside info on when these will go on sale?  Or any crafty friends want to create something like this for me?  Well.... really it would be for BB =)

As mentioned Aaron is out of town this weekend and will be in camp all next week.  Next Saturday he leaves for Olympic Trials and will return July 5th.  Once he comes back we are really in the home stretch.  Wow!  Time really seems to be flying right about now!

I don't have any updated bump pictures but the maternity photos we took were from last week and I was 32w5d.  I am sure I am bigger now at 34w1d but here's one that shows the bump and the cute pups.



The maternity shoot was a lot of fun and exactly what I wanted.  I wanted photos that would capture our growing family but not be just about me and focus on my belly.  Although I find those photos to be beautiful it was just not my style.  Our photographer, Katie did an excellent job of satisfying my request and just letting us be who we are and of course the dogs be their crazy selves.  She is a very patient lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment