Jun 7, 2012

33 Weeks

Well this week has certainly been a little less hectic compared to last week.  We are pretty much settled in to the new home with exception of the nursey which we will make some progress on this weekend.  Two of my college roomies are coming in to town and one is bringing her husband.  Aaron and Brad are on operation "put together baby furniture."  I will be relieved once this is done and then I can begin finding a home for all his stuff.

According to babycenter.com here is how BB is cooking up this week:



This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Sleep is officially my arch nemessis.  I feel like I am back in my frist trimester becuase by 1pm I am craving a nap and most afternoons I have come home from work to take a short snooze.  This has been a double edged sword beacuse then when it's time for bed I am not really that tired but without that little nap I don't know if I would have the energy to make dinner.  I guess all of this is really just in preparation for how exausted I'll be for the next 18 years or so....

Aaron and I had maternity photos taken on Tuesday.  I didn't want traditional photos with bare bellies or ribbons wrapped around me, I just wanted a way to document our growing family.  We met the photographer at the park and included the pups with us.  This went ok- they needed to run out some of their energy and once they did they were a little more cooperative.  Aaron was not really feeling the posed shots so we'll see what the results of the session are in a week or so.  I'll be sure to post when I get some proofs.

Last night was our tour of Montgomery Reginal Hopital.  I was really impressed with the size of the rooms!  All patients will always have their own room and unless I need to have a c-section then I will stay in the same room throughout the duration of my visit.  The baby will also stay with us with the exception of when he has his circumcision and hearing screen.  They will bring him to the nursery for that.  Of couse I have the choice to have him taken away if I would like but I am choosing to keep him in the room with us.

Time is really flying now!  Aaron will be headed to Omaha, Nebraska for the Olympic Trials June 26-July 5 (eek) assuming I have not been sent to labor and delivery or Dr. Z feels any reason to advise him to stay.  Once he returns I will be ready for BB to make is appearance.  The Olympic Trials meet has sort of been the milestone for me and it is crazy that Aaron will leave for that two weeks from Saturday.  Holy moly!

No comments:

Post a Comment