Mar 8, 2012

Halfway There!

Baby Bell is officially halfway cooked!  It's crazy that I am at 20 weeks.  Although the last few weeks seem to have dragged by the fact that I am now staring halfway in the face seems like it really flew by!  In theory we have 20 weeks to go but for me only 19 at the most.  I will be induced no later than 39 weeks due to blood thinning meds I am currently taking daily.  They prefer them to be out of your system when you deliver to lower the risk of hemorrhaging and if I want an epidural (which I absolutely do) I cannot have them (blood thinners) in my body.  So, July 20th or bust!  Unless of course Baby Bell has a plan of their own and decides to come earlier.

Here's how Baby Bell is developing this week according to babycenter.com:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

.............................................................................

Still continuing to feel great!  No new cravings or symptoms to report.  Still loving strawberries and getting the occasional bloody nose.  I am doing my best to remain active and work-out as much as I can. I have the ability to go during my lunch break and it has been both a nice escape from the office as well as a nice time to get a sweat session in.  My workouts are hardly vigorous but I know they are better than nothing.  Aaron and I have also been walking the pups after work.  Now that it is light out later and the weather has been warmer it is a nice time for us to catch up on our day.  Plus, I think the pups really like it too =)

My belly is really noticeable now and I officially look pregnant and and not just plump.  I will update with weight gain on Monday after my appointment- we don't have a scale at home so I never weigh myself.  I am guessing I have gained a minimum of 3 pounds since 16 weeks- and if it's 3 pounds that will put be at roughly 5-5.5 pounds up from pre-pregnancy weight.  I am not fixated about the numbers but trying to stick to my doctors recommendations to gain a healthy 25-30 pounds.


Picture from Monday at 19w4d.  Please excuse the mess behind me- I was cleaning closets over the weekend and am still in the process. Oh, and the room you see behind me will become the nursery.  See the brown walls I'll be working with?  They are not so bad- actually pretty neutral which is nice.  Once we know sex on MONDAY- I will officially start shopping for some baby gear and decor.  Oh, and if you have not voted on Baby Bell's sex and would like to you have 4 days left to do so until the big reveal.  The poll is at the top right of the blog.

Last note of the day-  another dear friend of mine, Heather welcomed her second baby in to he world yesterday.  Welcome to the world Hayden Fisher, and a big congrats to mom, dad and big brother Liam!

2 comments:

  1. If I'm not mistaken, the "Crown to Rump Measurement" was a Sir Mix-a-Lot album. :) Happy all is going well with Baby Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Only you would know something like that Chris. You crack me up. XOXO

    ReplyDelete