Jun 30, 2010

Working Overtime

Yes, Aaron and I have been working overtime, but I am referring to Willis. The timeliness of this post is not timely at all but I did really want to post about it. Last week, right after I posted about Willis working 9-5, he was called in to work at 1:30 am. Here's the story...

At 1:30 am I woke up to Willis barking. Willis rarely barks and he has never woke us up from a deep sleep barking. I didn't even hear him go down the stairs- I just awoke to loud frequent barking. I woke Aaron up and was freaking out. Just as Aaron was getting ready to go down the stairs, the person who Willis was barking at rang the doorbell. We were freaking out!

Aaron was about to open the door when a flash of light flickered and a voice said, "Amherst Police." What the heck??? We were total idiots and just opened the door. It could have been anyone claiming to be the police, but at 1:30 in the morning who really makes good judgement? I guess we were lucky the badge we were flashed was legit.

Long story short. A neighbor on the next street over called the police saying her car has been burglarized. The Police then decided they would alert all neighbors to notify and remind them to lock their car doors. I guess there was nothing better happening in Amherst last Thursday night...

Willis was rewarded Ham for a job well done. Such a good guard dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment