Aug 15, 2014

Total Push Over And A Very Spoiled Kiddo

B: More melon
Me: sure thing Monkey

B: More choo-coo
Me: Yes, pumpkin sure thing

B: More Mickey
Me: No more bubba, we've watched two.
B: Please
Me: Ok, one more

I am the worlds biggest push over mama right now. This little man has made me mush and can pretty much get anything he wants from me. Seriously, anything he wants.

Anyone else overindulge their soon to be big sibling? I'm usually really good about limits with him. He gets one episode of Mickey and knows if he asked for more I'll say no. He knows that when we go to Target he can collect lots of stuff in the cart- mostly the balls and toys from the dollar aisle- but all go back and none (well usually none but sometimes he gets one thing) come home with us. Lately this has not been the case.

Two weeks ago we went to Barnes and Nobel to play with the trains and pick out a book for gift and he wanted a talking Thomas train. Do you know how ridiculously expensive these Thomas trains are? And this one talked so of course it was more.

B: Mama choo-choo
Me: No B we have lots of choo choos at home.
B: Please more choo choo
Me: (looking at the price tag) $30?!?! No buddy not today.
B: Please choo choo
Me: ...Well... Ok buddy. You've been a good boy.

I bought a $30, 6 inch talking choo choo. I'm such a push over. And really? Why are these things $30?? He loves him- he's been carrying him around, sleeping with him every night so I guess I can chalk it up as not wasting money, right?

The next week while doing out normal weekend trip to Target, out of the corner of his eye he caught the aisle with the trains. "Mama choo choo." Oh boy, here we go. Why I even went down there I don't know, but the next thing I knew we owned another talking train, this time "cheeky Charlie!" Target's prices weren't as crazy- only $20 for this one.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this terrible habit. I never do this- well not to this extreme. I'm a "no" mom, usually, but knowing that his world is going to change has me soft. I think he knows it too- he's living quite the amazing little life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment