Mar 19, 2014

Sigh of Relief

I really suck at secrets so I am so glad that I am finally at the point where we are sharing that Bman will be a BIG BROTHER!

Yup, we decided after all we would allow him to have a little brother or sister to torture.  It's a right of passage.  Every younger siblings deserves to be pushed around a bit by the older sibling, but then in turn the younger sibling gets to get away with murder.  It's a beautiful thing, right?  We couldn't let B miss out on all of these things.

So here I am nearly 16 weeks pregnant and so glad that I can let my gut out.  I have been sucking it in for a few weeks in hopes that no one would notice.  I think I fooled most :)

So, I'm sure you are all wondering how I'm feeling? I'm feeling great!  Part of the reason why we waited so long to tell folks was because I did not have a single pregnancy symptom.  I am not sharing this so all of you who have or are suffering from morning sickness can hate me, but I am telling you because as much as you don't want to feel like death you sort of want to feel something, right?  It's like that little bit of reassurance that all is going swimmingly.  Well, I had none.  An ultrasound at 6 weeks confirmed I was pregnant and then at the 12 week trans nuchal scan we saw a healthy baby with low risks in all the categorizes they measure during that screening.  It was at this point I realized, "oh shit, I am really going to have two kids."

The overwhelmed feeling has subsided a bit and my belly is no longer at a point I can really hide it.  It really is true what they say about showing a whole lot earlier with number two.  I think this weekend I need to take a trip to the basement and recover all the maternity clothes.





 photo courtney-post-signature1_zpsa6911a6b.png

1 comment:

  1. I hate to be one to brag, but it took me even longer to show with #2 then it did with #1...and it took 6 months before I showed with Abby!! Congrats though!!!

    ReplyDelete