Mar 10, 2014

Losing the Morning Rush


Hectic. Crying. Frustration.  This about sums up the morning rush when I have to get myself and B out the door by 7:30.

I'm pretty lucky.  Most days and weeks this is something I don't ever have to do.  Aaron has practice in the mornings but is home by 7:30 so I can get out the door and to work on time.  However, when he is traveling or has a change to his schedule I am forced to wake up B an hour an a half earlier than normal and force him in to a morning routine.  For him the morning is usually laid back and lackadaisical.

Poor kid.  He just wants to wake up, roll around in his crib and look at books for 15 minutes, come downstairs and lounge on the couch, play with his toys, take his time through breakfast, and definitely not be forced immediately out of his crib, plopped in his chair to eat, and whisked upstairs to get changed.  The mornings I have to get him to school result in tears for him and frustration for me.  Oh, and I'm inevitably 15 minutes late to work.

I have tried waking him up a little earlier and giving him more time; still results in tears.  I have tried skipping breakfast since I know he will get it at school; results in tears.  I'm at a loss.  I hate that this is where our mornings are headed.  Throughout the week I have very little time to enjoy with B while he is awake and I hate that these mornings have me tired, overwhelmed and him upset.

Anyone else have a kiddo who is slow moving in the morning?  How do you handle this?



No comments:

Post a Comment