Oct 5, 2013

Mommy Reflection


I was cleaning up some pictures on my phone and I came across this gem:




I love this picture. B can't be more than a few days old and I'm sure I am exhausted, smelly, have cracked nipples and wearing the same clothes since I left the hospital, but despite all that I am smiling.

I miss these days of snuggling in bed with my itty bitty sweet boy. Listening to his little baby grunts and noises, and just thinking, "could life get any better"? Time is flying. While this picture was only taken 14 months ago, I am already having a hard time remembering B at this stage and being so small.

Life, please slow down. Let me forever cherish the present and relish all the sweet moments both in the past and today.

Earlier today I watched him as he sat in the grass and so inquisitively inspected each blade. He's so innocent and curious and I love that about him and this stage. Who needs toys? Seriously, I can just plop him in the grass and he's so happy and engaged. Well, typically this is true, if he's hungry this may not always be the case.

As I watched him my mind began to wander thinking about what he'll be when he gets older. Will he just be a bigger version of the amazingly sweet little guy he is today? Will he still want to give me hugs and kisses? And while I can't wait for that day I want to freeze time right now with him. He is so fun, imaginative, happy, sweet, and easy going.

It's amazing the power of photos. In our busy lives and busy days, it's photos like the one above that remind me of my purpose. The day that photo was taken I had no agenda, in fact I don't think I got out of bed until noon. I miss those days. If only now B would let me snuggle him like that- maybe I'll give it a try this afternoon. I'm sure it will be a fail, but I think I'll give it a try.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment