Jul 15, 2013

Oh The Places You'll Go!






While Aaron and I were sitting on the airplane getting ready to take off last week, we realized that in 12 short months Brody has visited 9 states. He has traveled long distances by car as well as by plane, and we are thankful that on all of these journeys he has been super traveler and done so with ease.

I know I've written about it before, but we are so lucky and have the most mild mannered, easy going, take it as it comes kind of baby. These past 10 days were a perfect example of this.

I'm not really sure if Brody was every sure if he was coming or going, but every new surrounding and every new person he met left him with a smile on his face. Having no idea if he would like the ocean or not, I prepared myself for the worst and hoped for the best. I'll let the pictures do the talking but this kid LOVES the water! I plopped him in the sand and he crawled right toward the breaking waves!
































On Day 1 of my celebration for B, I am wishing that my baby always stays happy, healthy and easy going. I hope that he appreciates all the opportunities that surround him and embrace all of the challenges he may face. I hope he brings as much laughter to those he'll meet in the future as he has done for us and his family this past year. While we know he'll face challenges in his life, I hope he approaches them with confidence, knowing that sometimes the best lessons are learned from the times we make mistakes.

The world is your oyster, Bman!

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment