Jan 29, 2013

Holy Crap!

Here's a glimpse into what a typical morning during the work week looks like for us:

Aaron wakes up at 4:50 and is out the door by 5:10 to be at morning practice. I wake up at 6, shower, and get ready for work. At 6:30 the dogs are let out, fed breakfast and I enjoy a few sips of hot coffee before Bman wakes up between 6:45-6:55. He is fed and changed and we are back downstairs by 7:15. He either goes in his jumparoo or exosaucer while I start my car, brush my teeth and put my bread in the toaster for breakfast on the go. On a typical morning, Aaron gets back home from practice by 7:25 and we literally high five and have the changing of the guards. I am out the door by 7:30 and off to work.

This morning was a little different. The schedule was the same as stated above until about 7:22. Brody is at the tail end of his amoxicillin to treat an ear infection so as I went to grab him out of the jumparoo to give him his medicine I noticed he was soaked all the way up the front and back. I questioned whether or not I remembered to put a diaper on him but as I cautiously lifted him out I could clearly feel it (the diaper). Did I mention I was wearing a cream colored sweater? Yup, I was. Just as I was headed up the stairs Aaron walked in and I asked him to assist me upstairs.

As soon as I laid Brody down on his cream colored changing pad it was clear- massive diaper blowout. He had poop almost to his armpits and all the way up his back. The amazing thing is that there was hardly any in his diaper as most was on his body. So gross! Aaron proceeded to run the water to get Brody in the tub as I carefully tried to get his shirt over his head without getting poop on/in his face. This was no easy feat. I thought about cutting his shirt off him but I really liked this shirt and was hopeful it could be salvaged.

As you can tell by this mornings event I was not out the door by 7:30. I did manage to get out the door by 7:35 and in the office on time. The parking at Radford University is awful; if you get there after 8 you may not find parking. Luckily, I was able to scoop one of the last spots available near my building.

Oh the joys of parenting. Thank goodness for the amazing tag team parenting Aaron and I have established. As I left them for the day I was left with the sweet sounds of daddy and baby playing in the tub. Oh, life is good!

PS... Brody LOVES asparagus! Luckily he didn't swallow any last night or that may have been part of my story as well ;)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment