Jul 12, 2012

38 weeks...

...and T-5 days until BB's debut!!  I won't lie, at my appointment on Monday I had a minor panic attack when Dr. Z said he was going to induce me next Tuesday. Although I have known all along that the 20th would be the end of pregnancy for me, it all became a reality when we talked about scheduling the induction.  I am more than ready to meet this little guy and beyond excited, but it is a little overwhelming at the same time. 

I feel truly blessed that pregnancy has been a relatively easy and mostly enjoyable experience for me.  However, I will say I am definitely skipping out on some of the more tougher weeks as I have already began to notice how exhausted and tired my body is.  Most of this is due to uncomfortable sleep and needing to pee every 90 minutes. I know this is my body's way of preparing me for life with baby and I am really glad I will not have an additional 2 weeks of pregnancy to prepare.  My friend Kristin said it best when she stated that pregnancy is one month too long.  I could not agree more!

So for the last time on this blog I will post about BB's development in utero....



Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.




Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are my plans for these next few days??  Get as much rest as I can, spend as much time with Aaron as possible, snuggle extra close with the pups and Brady, and most importantly I have a 90 minute spa pedicure/manicure scheduled for Monday.  A lady in labor must still have pretty feet and hands, right =)

Looking forward to this next chapter and the transition this blog will take come next week. Don't say I didn't warn you, but this blog is going to be flooded with Baby Bell pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment