May 3, 2012

7 Months!

Today marks 28 weeks and the start of the 7th month.  I was watching The Today Show this morning and they said there are 85 days until the opening ceremonies of the Summer Olympics.  This day also happens to be my official due date of July 27th.  Even though I will not get to that date it was crazy to see it in terms of days.  85 is such a small number compared to where you start.  The end is in sight!


My energy is still good but I am starting to get a little more tired in the late afternoons.  I do have to think that some of this might be due to my sleep at night.  I need some suggestions from you other ladies who have been through pregnancy.  I wake up after about 5 hours of sleep because my back hurts- not my lower back but right between my shoulder blades.  I have tried a pillow between my legs and also putting one under my belly thinking maybe I need some support there.  Any other suggestions?  Otherwise no complaints which I suppose is a good thing =)




According to Babycenter.com this is how BB is developing this week:



By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


I have my 28 week appointment on Monday and will also do my glucose test at that time.   Additionally I get to sneak another peek at BB via u/s.  Super excited to see how he has changed from the last time we saw him at 20 weeks. 


Last thing, please say a prayer for a close friend who has been admitted to the hospital in early labor.  She is 25 weeks and everyday she stays pregnant with her twins is a good thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment