May 10, 2012

29 down, 10 (or less) to go!

I am officially 29 weeks today and if I go right up until the last day my doctor will approve I have 10 weeks to go.  At my appointment Monday Dr. Z mentioned that obviously the baby may have his own plan as to when he wants to arrive but the non-stress tests may also determine if I will be sent to labor and delivery ahead of the 39 week mark.  He strongly emphasised that 39 weeks is the absolute latest that he will allow anyone with Factor V to remain pregnant.  I am truly OK with this as I am sure by that day I will be more than ready to meet this little man.


According to babycenter.com here is how BB is developing this week:



Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Besides being hit by a head cold this week I feel really good.  The doctor told me Sudafed was approved to take to help with the congestion and it has really helped.  Thank goodness because I felt like I was living in a hazy cloud all day!  Sleeping has been so-so (still) but again it is a combination of pregnancy and some really spoiled pups who hog the entire bed.  We have released Bella from her crate as she can now jump and her incision is looking really good.  She did not waste anytime reclaiming her title as "queen of the mattress," i.e. the biggest bed hog on earth.  Willis curls up so small at the foot of the bed and Bell stretches out entirely as if she is the only one in the bed.  

I finally ordered BB's crib last night.  I was waiting until we knew where we were moving to and also tried to time it so it would arrive when we would.  No need to move any more items than necessary!  It says it takes 4-7 weeks to ship and should arrive sometime mid-late June. After a long search process this is the one we chose:


I love the look of the headboard and think it will look great when it is converted to a full size bed down the road. 

I am so excited to start putting his nursery together.  I contacted the lady from Etsy who I ordered the alphabet wall from and she said it should be finished by the end of the month.  We already have the bedding but still need to purchase the dresser from Ikea (which we'll do next week when we are in Massachusetts).  We have chosen the Hemnes dresser in black-brown:
I love all the storage!  It will also double as the changing table for BB but I am sure many of the diaper changes will be done on the floor.


I had previously mentioned that I didn't love the look of the traditional glider but I have really struggled to find something that would serve the same purpose and also fit within the budget.  After lots and lots of searching we have decided on the Poang chair from Ikea:



It's not a rocker or a glider but it does bounce and is really quite comfortable.  It is also leather so it passes the cat test and will be easy to wipe down to clean as well as transfer to the living room some day.  

Once we get all the big stuff in I will assess the wall space and begin to find some artwork to decorate.  I have been getting ideas from Pinterst of some prints as well as some craft ideas that I can make on my own.  Since the alphabet wall will be huge and mostly the focus I don't want to go crazy and clutter the other walls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment