Apr 5, 2012

24 weeks = 6 months!

It's funny when I think of pregnancy in terms of months and not weeks because 6 months seems like sooo much longer than 24 weeks.  An entire half of a calendar year.  Yup, that is crazy.  It's been that long since I have enjoyed sushi, red wine, turkey sandwiches and all my favorite soft cheeses.  I remember reading that list of foods to avoid and thinking, what will I eat?  But honestly it really hasn't been that awful and I don't miss them much anyway.  Howevr, I am glad that I end my pregnancy just in time for the fall beers to arrive- especially pumpkin ale!

Here's how BB is shaping up this week:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

______________________________________________________________________________

I still feel great and have lots of energy.  I am starting to feel big which is concerning to me as I still have a ways to go.  I think within the last few weeks (especially since my 20 week visit) I have really popped.  I have my next appointment on Monday and at that time I will step on the dreaded scale to see what the damage is over the last four weeks.  I have been pretty accurate with my weight guesses in the past but I honestly don't even have clue since my belly is growing rapidly (as is BB.)  I will update with more stats on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment