Mar 22, 2012

22 Weeks!

According to Babycenter.com this is how BB is developing this week:



At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.



If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.


Still feeling really good and having lots of energy.  I am starting to feel "big" as my belly is getting in the way of sleeping a bit.  I am a total belly sleeper and up until a few weeks ago I could still manage to sleep that way but I am stuck now rotating between right side and left side.  As is has been since early on, sleep continues to be my biggest pregnancy complaint (thus far.)

Move over strawberries, you were so 2 weeks ago.  The newest craving is red grapes.  I managed to consume 3 pounds in two days! Yikes!  This baby loves sweet stuff which is not all that shocking considering I have a major sweet tooth. 

We found out last night that we will definitely be moving next year.  We had caught wind of this from two of our neighbors but it was confirmed last night that our landlord and his family will be moving in to our rental on August 1st.  Yes, this is 10 days after my due date.  I am trying not to stress about this whole matter.  We have been teetering with moving to another rental or buying this spring but haven't really found any homes we love and do not want to be impulse buyers.  Aaron and I decided we would rent again just to make things less stressful with all the transitions already coming our way.  Well we have no choice.  Let the hunting begin.  I am learning toward renting again just for the fact that I don't want to buy a house just because we need to move.  Hopefully we can find something and be moved and settled by June 1st.  This is totally putting a damper on my nesting =)

In other news, we have booked a photographer to shoot maternity and newborn photos of BB.  For the maternity pictures I want very casual and we are going to have the pups there too. The photographer is looking into some locations with lots of running room so the pups can roam and we can keep these photos super candid.  I am so excited about this as it will be a great way to document our growing family.  She was super affordable and her pictures are amazing!  I can't wait until June when the shoot actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment