Mar 15, 2012

21 Weeks!

Baby Bell is just moving right along!  He is very active and for the first time last night I could feel his kicks from the outside.  Aaron is out of town otherwise I am sure he would have been excited to feel them as well.  It's such a funny feeling and also such a calming feeling to know that BB is thriving.  At this point they are not painful or uncomfortable so I will enjoy the tiny little kicks now while I can until he starts to give me swift hard kicks to the ribs.

Just some updates from my appointment on Monday that I forgot to share earlier in the week.  I gained an additional 3 pounds from my 16 week visit so this puts the total weight gain at 5.5 pounds.  I guess my estimate was right on!  The recommendation from here on out is to gain a pound a week until delivery.  I should however mention that nearly a pound of my weight gain is BB alone.  On Monday I was 20 weeks and 4 days but by all the measurements he was actually said to be 21 weeks and 6 days!  BB is a big boy and in the 90th percentile for weight, length and head (yikes)!  I am not too sure what all these numbers mean but I am hoping that he slooooows down a bit.  The doctor did not adjust my due date as he said that would just make the baby appear smaller than he really may be.  From all the other ultrasounds he has been right where he should be so either he just had a growth spurt or I will have the face the reality of a monster sized baby.  The good news is that I will not got to full term so this may help a big in his size at birth. According to the ultrasound he is 14 oz- hence nearly an entire pound.

According to Babycenter.com this is how BB is developing this week:



Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

Belly Shot at 21 weeks (sorry it's dark- poor lighting)



I did some major online shopping on Tuesday but have stopped since.  Just lots of browsing.  The next purchase will be the crib, crib mattress and a dresser but I want Aaron's input before I pull the trigger.  He is at the Women's NCAA meet in Auburn, Alabama and will be home on Sunday.  The H2Okies have their biggest showing ever at this meet and I am excited to watch the live results today.  In case you would like to watch too you can follow along by clicking here:
http://www.collegeswimming.com/results/18581/ 

GO H2OKIES!!!!  Their first swimmer will be in heat 5 of the 500 free this afternoon.  The meet starts at 11 but since they are central time check back around 12:15 to catch Erika win her heat =)

No comments:

Post a Comment