Feb 23, 2012

18 Weeks!


According to Babycenter.com:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

How cute, Baby Bell is the size of a bell pepper this week!  Everything is still going well and my belly is growing more and more everyday.  It's amazing how much changes from week to week and how noticeable it is.  The other night I was wearing a fitted cotton shirt and Aaron was just staring in amazement.  He has been super busy with swimming and the ACC championship; and even though it is here in Blacksburg, I have not seen much of Aaron in the past week and a half.  So to him this belly literally appeared overnight (which honestly, I feel it did too.)

Baby Bell is moving more frequently.  Although I don't feel him/her everyday, I do feel "flutters" at least every other day and mostly when I am sitting upright at my desk.  I don't feel them much when I am laying down.  As baby gets bigger I know the movements will only become stronger and more consistent.  I am excited for Aaron to feel the first kick =)

Aaron and I want to take a Babymoon before the little one arrives.  Although we'd love to fly away and enjoy one last grand vacation, the timing of it will just not work out.  I will be restricted to car travel only by mid-May and with Aaron's schedule we just cannot work anything in where we can fly away in April.  So we will plan something a little more domestic and also within a 6 hour drive or so.  I am thinking Savannah, GA as I have never been and I have heard such fabulous things about it.  I think it could be the perfect balance with the ocean near by and the historic sites to see.  It will only be for a long weekend so next up is choosing a date and also planning an itinerary for the trip.  For any one who has been to Savannah I am open to any and all suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment