Nov 24, 2010

Thunderstorms in November

For all those who know and love me you can agree that I am a grump when awoken from sleep.  So as you can imagine being woken up at 3:15 in the morning with a dog sitting on your head and panting violently doesn't fare well for me.  We of course learned that Bella was afraid of thunderstorms right after we brought her home in July.  We had many nights that looked identical to the one we had the other night.  When I brought Bella for her well visit in August the Vet. gave me a sedative but since she gave it to me I had not had a chance to test it out.

When  the thunder hit the other morning I went downstairs to get her a pill and hoped it would kick in fast.  Then Bella and I headed to the guest room.  I figured I left Aaron sleep.  I know I am a great wife =)  Willis of course came in to check out the commotion while Bella continued to convulse and drool all over me.  I tried my best to not get angered at her but it was hard since it was 3:30 in the morning and I am a grump.  I'm not sure if the pill ever actually worked because all I remember is that the last time I looked at the clock it was 4:10 and I think the thunder had stopped. 

I think the best part of this story is the part after Willis came to check in on us.  When he left he went back in to our bedroom with Aaron and shut the door behind him!  In the morning when Aaron woke up he asked if I closed the door (which I did not) so the assumption is that Willis did. 

Hopefully that is our last thunderstorm until next summer.  Until then we hope to all get a good nights sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment