Aug 24, 2010

Headed East with a Broken Heart

We headed back east this last weekend to visit with my friends and family before the craziness of the school year starts for both Aaron and I. However before we left we had to make some tough decisions. We left Willis back in Buffalo and only took Bella east. We knew leaving both the dogs with their fabulous dog watcher (thanks, Tiffany) would be too much and we also knew that if we brought both the dogs we would be pretty house bound back in Massachusetts. Neither was an ideal situation so we packed up Bella and waved goodbye to Willis.
We had a jammed packed week while home. Here are some pictures to tell the story of our travels. Some words in there too, of course =)
*************************************************************************************
First up, a visit with Jaxson and my bestie Shannon. We got to see Jaxson jump away and also try bananas. He is such a handsome boy!

That afternoon we had lunch with my grandparents and then took over for my mom who was watching my nieces all week. We took the girls for a stroll around the block and little Miss Addy showed us how she can ride her tricycle.

My sister and brother-in-law went to Aruba for their 5 year Anniversary (congrats you two) and my mom spent the evenings with the girls throughout the week. Thursday we relieved my mom and Aaron and I had a slumber party with the girls. They are early risers (5:15 am) but it was so worth it. We don't get to spend nearly enough time with these cuties.

All the while, Tiffany kept us up to date with all of Willis' happenings. Thanks, Tiffany!

I have no pictures for this, but we had dinner with some of my closest friends on Friday. It was so nice to see them. It was also great to learn some exciting news about my dearest friend Kristin. The next Red Sox fan will make it's debut March 2011. We are so thrilled for them!

Then on Saturday, we headed to Newport, RI with my parents. We had lunch on the water and took in all beautiful Newport has to offer. It was great to spend time with my parents. They are wonderful and I love them very much. Again, would have been a great photo opportunity but I really sucked at those moments this weekend.

Before we knew it, back to Buffalo we went. Bella is the best little traveler. Often times we forgot she was ever there.

It felt great to get home and most importantly reunite with Willis. Tiffany dropped him off and had him waiting for us. We opened up the back door and he and Bella played a little fetch. They are great friends!

School starts on Monday and our (new) students arrive this Thursday for Orientation. It is so crazy to believe another year is upon us already. Both Aaron and I are excited to start our "seasons" but at the same time know how busy we will be one week from now.

**As much fun as we had this past week, I am feeling less than creative or excited while writing this. Sorry for the narrative all. Bella and Willis say hello. Maybe that will excite things =)

No comments:

Post a Comment