Jun 20, 2010

A Week in Paradise

We has an amazing vacation in Puerta Adventuras, Mexico at the Dreams all-inclusive resort. It is about an hour south of Cancun and just south of Playa del Carmen. It was our first go in Mexico and also our first try at an all-inclusive. Our verdict: we would definitely go back! We certainly ate and drank our money's worth over the course of the week. It was a vacationers dream!

**On a side note, we almost had a very rocky start to the journey. I booked the trip under Courtney Bell, I mean why wouldn't I? I have been a Bell for nearly a year. Well, as we approached the ticket counter it was brought to my attention that I never changed my name on my passport! Luckily, the lady at the US Airways counter was feeling helpful so she changed my name in the system back to Gould so everything matched. Close call!!!




The resort... it was not a massive resort, but just perfect with 6 a la cart restaurants, 5 bars (two swim-up beach bars) and right on the Caribbean.
Welcome to Mexico!

View from our balcony

Puerto Adventuras is mostly known for snorkeling so you could not go out very deep, but we were fine with that. We spent most of the week by the pool anyway =)

Couldn't resist putting a stamp on our journey

Dinner at one of the restaurants. The food was great!

Right outside of the resort was an "aquarium" of sorts. You could swim with the dolphins or manatees. We choose to just watch the beautiful animals.

Such cool animals!

Couldn't resist... I didn't buy one, just tried one on for size

Yikes!


Back to the real world tomorrow. Although it was nice to be away from our hectic schedules, sleep past 6 am, and read all day by the pool, believe it or not, we were ready to come home. There was one big reason why we missed home. I am sure you all have a good idea what that one reason was.....


Of course, Willis. Thank you Sam for taking such great care of our furbaby!! He was spoiled rotten all week!



No comments:

Post a Comment