Aug 19, 2013

Weekend Recap

Quick trip to NoVa, but fabulous trip none the less. Our weekend was filled with quality time with the Orton's, outlet shopping, and our first trip to Costco. While I had to show a lot of self-control and not give into my impulses, we enjoyed the Costco experience. However, I think my best deal of the weekend was scoring 2 pairs of Stride Rite shoes for Bman for $34! They had buy one get one 60% off. Both pairs already marked down means Brody can walk (or crawl) in style. Stride Rites normally retail for more than I will spend on my own shoes! But only the best for my babe :)







My new BFF, Olivia. She is the sweetest little babe and gave me a little baby fever. Olivia's big brother Owen is easy going and Olivia is so laid back. She reminds me so much of how Brody was a year ago and gave me some serious hope that I could get two easy babies :)






Double trouble, Bman and Owen






I packed the griddle and we shared banana pumpkin spice pancakes for Pancake Sunday. I die. They were seriously so delicious. Just ask B, he ate 4. And as miserable as Aaron looks in the photo I swear he had a good time too.



In case you want to recreate the delicious pancake experience I am including the recipe below. Enjoy!

Banana Spice Pancakes Recipe:




Serves 2-3

2 ripe bananas (pureed)
3 eggs
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg)
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil for frying (where to buy coconut oil)

1. First, puree the bananas (tip: a hand blender makes very quick work of pureeing the bananas, not to mention it’s a nice thing to have around the kitchen for soups, sauces, etc.)

2. Add remaining ingredients (except for butter, reserve that for the pan) and mix well ( You can also use a hand blender to mix all ingredients together).

3. Heat up the butter or coconut oil in a cast iron skillet or pan. Put a little less than 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. let cook for a few minutes on each side.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment