Apr 23, 2013

Greek Yogurt Pancakes

Before I post the recipe I must say these were the most delicious pancakes I have made so far. The Greek yogurt gives them a nice texture and packs them full of protein; they tastes like a pastry but not sweet like one. The pancakes are a little bitter but with when you add the maple syrup it's a little bite of heaven.

Ingredients:

2- 6oz cups of Greek yogurt. I used Chobani plain but you could use the flavored for sure.
2 eggs
1tsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
Dash of salt
Handful of blueberries (optional)

Mix the yogurt, eggs and vanilla together in a large bowl. In a medium sized bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. It will be a thick texture. You can add a little milk or water if its too thick for your liking.

I will share that if you are obsessed with making perfectly symmetrical pancakes you may want to skip these. Since the batter is pretty thick it's hard to pour- it's a little more like scooping it on the skillet. I put really small amounts on at a time because when I flipped them I pushed down with the spatula and then they spread out some. It took a batch before I figured out the right amount to put down, but really you can't mess up this part.







Bman approved too. If he could I think he'd give two thumbs up.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment