Jul 6, 2012

37 Weeks....

...And oh so ready to meet this little guy.  Up until this point I truly feel like pregnancy has been a breeze.  Even with all the appointments and extra monitoring due to Factor V, it really has been easy.  I am grateful that I am able to still walk the pups about a mile everyday and have not suffered from swelling or other pregnancy related joys.  However, I think I have reached the point where I am fully ready to be done with pregnancy and ready to move on to the next chapter- motherhood.

My Non-Stress Tests have all been great.  BB is continuing to grow and thrive and this is a relief.  I was switched from Lovenox which is a once-a- day injection to Heparin which I now have to inject myself in the morning and the evening.  I am back to looking like a pin cushion as the Heparin is bruising me pretty bad every time I have to administer.  However, it is worth it because it will hopefully prevent any clotting in the placenta and also allow me to stick to my birth plan of having an epidural.  Once BB is delivered I will be switched back to Lovenox and have to remain on it for 6 weeks postpartum. 

My weight has leveled off.  Some days I have lost a pound and other days I have gained a pound.  My total weight gain is hovering right around 19-22 pounds gained thus far and Dr. Z thinks that should be it.  Although the baby continues to grow in the last few weeks he said it is really common that  most women stop gaining weight at this point.  My blood pressure remains on the lower side but I did have some protein in my urine yesterday so Dr. Z said he will keep an eye on that and if it's still there at Monday's appointment he'll send it out to the lab to be tested to make sure its not an infection or anything.  He doubted it was related to preclampsia because my blood pressure is not elevated and I am not experiencing any swelling.

According to babycenter.com here is how BB is developing this week:



Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My to-do list from last week didn't really get too far as we lost power for 48 hours due to the crazy storm that rolled in on Friday.  Thank goodness I had not already made any freezer meals as I would have lost everything!  I have been proactive this week in just making extra of what I am already cooking so I have a stock pile in the freezer to pull out post baby.  Hopefully this weekend I will be a little more successful in reaching some of my goals and  getting the final preparations ready for BB.

Next Thursday Dr. Z will check me again to see if I have made any progress and if so he'll discuss induction for soon there after.  Since this is an elective process the date which I am admitted will really depend on his availability as well as the hospital.  Fingers crossed I do not have to go past July 20th.  I am so very ready =)


No comments:

Post a Comment