May 31, 2012

32 Weeks

Well the highlight of this week has definitely been moving and let me be the first to say this is soooooo not ideal for 32 weeks.  However, we are finally almost completely moved in to the new place and were able to spend the night in our new home!  It will take a week or so for me to sort through everything and get organized, but boy does it feel good to finally be in the new place.   We have been moving in the evenings because I do not want to take any time off of work as it will only cut in to my paid maternity leave- which as it stands will be about 4 weeks of paid and 6ish weeks unpaid assuming he arrives on 7/20.  If he comes earlier I will have more time at home with my baby but it will be more time without pay from work.  Although finances may be a little tight for those couple of weeks Aaron and I both decided it was what we wanted to do and we would make it work.

According to babycenter.com here is how BB is cooking up this week:


(I have no clue what a jicama is)

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.


I still feel really good but have found myself to get tired in the afternoons and crave a nap.  It is comparable to how I felt the first few weeks and manageable.  Hopefully by next week we will be 100% squared away in the new place and my evening projects can consist of getting all the baby stuff organized.  Currently it is all in boxes in the basement and I am so anxious to sort through and find a home for all his things. 

I will begin the non-stress tests on Monday and see Dr. Z and his staff twice a week from here on out.  Hopefully everything will just be for preventative reasons and I will not have any need to go to labor and delivery any time soon.  I will also get another peek at BB on Monday for a growth measurement.  He has been measuring on the big side since 20 weeks so I am hoping his growth is on track but maybe slowed down a little bit since at my 28 week ultrasound he was measuring almost 3 weeks ahead in all areas except his abdomen which was measuring one week ahead.  I know all of these measurements are approximations and should not be read like the gospel, but the thought of a 10 pound baby does not sound the least bit exciting.  I guess the only positive thing about a huge baby may be that they will sleep better from the beginning?  Trying to have a positive outlook on what might be a reality for me =)



No comments:

Post a Comment