Apr 19, 2012

26 Weeks

That was a fast week, huh?  Luckily for me it really was a fast week and I continue to feel great.  I have been sleeping really well lately which is a HUGE plus.  My biggest issue with sleeping has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with the dogs.  Both dogs in the bed totally limiting my space and ability to switch sides easily.  They are so spoiled!

According to Babycenter.com here is how BB is developing this week:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum a trip that will take about two to three days.

This may not be entirely pregnancy related as some of it is defiantly just who I am, but I have been forgetful lately.  I know a part is me doing too much at once but some is just pure forgetfulness.  I put the peanut butter in the fridge last week, looked for 20 minutes for a file at work that was right in front of me (literally), and searched for my sunglasses everywhere and they were on my head the whole time.  Yikes!  I have become really good at lists and crossing things off as needed.  I am so not type A personality but I am afraid if I don't learn to get that way and have an organizational plan (especially at work) I am going to lose something-- and it might just be my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment