Mar 1, 2012

19 Weeks!


According to Babycenter.com:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


Still feeling really great at 19 weeks.  Baby Bell is very active and I can feel he/she mostly in the mornings and then right before going to bed at night.  Although the movements still feel more like flutters they are definitely becoming stronger and very noticeable.  My newest pregnancy symptom has been a bloody nose.  I have had two in the last week and although I know this is very common and completely normal it really caught me off guard the first time it happened.  Luckily both times I was home so I was spared the embarrassment of having it happen in public.

Prior to the past few weeks I was unable to identify any particular cravings but lately I cannot get enough strawberries!  Last week I ate four containers of strawberries and boy were they delicious!  This week I have managed to eat two packages since Monday; however,  I have had some help from Aaron since he is back in the house after two weeks of living in a hotel.  I guess in the grand scheme of  things they are healthy so I shouldn't feel guilty for eating mass qualities of this delicious fruit.

The belly continues to grow daily-  Here is a picture from last week at 18w1d:

No comments:

Post a Comment